Firm Wins 4 Practice Honors at China Law Awards
Latham & Watkins has won four practice honors at China Business Law’s 2020 Business Law Excellence Awards, including in the following categories:
- Cross-border Dispute Resolution
- Structured Finance and Securitization (for the second consecutive year)
- Restructuring and Insolvency (for the second consecutive year)
- Media, Entertainment and Sports (for the second consecutive year)
The magazine also highlighted the firm’s commitment to strengthening its Entertainment, Sports & Media Practice in Greater China and Asia, citing Latham’s role in several high-profile deals, including:
- The debt financing for the acquisition of Amer Sports Corporation, a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands, by a consortium led by China's Anta Sports Products Limited, a leading sportswear company in the PRC
- The US$500 million convertible notes offering due 2026 by Bilibili, an iconic online entertainment brand representing the younger generation in China
According to the publication, the awards are based on nominations received from China-focused corporate counsel, senior managers, and legal professionals. The publication also reviewed the transactions, cases, and other achievements of various law firms in the past year.
Separately, China Business Law also picked the IPO of DouYu International Holdings Limited, a leading game-centric live streaming platform in China and a pioneer in the eSports value chain, for the Outstanding Transaction Award of 2019 in the Commercial Law category. Latham advised the underwriters, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, BofA Securities and CMB International, on the deal, which the publication singled out for its importance, complexity, and innovation.