A Latham environmental team advising the Newhall Ranch community named Attorneys of the Year.
Josh Bledsoe advises clients on complex infrastructure and development projects, particularly those decarbonizing the energy and industrial sectors. He has broad experience in the entitlement, environmental review, and financing of Energy Transition projects. Mr. Bledsoe advises clients on projects involving carbon capture, utilization, and sequestration (CCUS), hydrogen, and low-carbon fuels, such renewable natural gas (RNG), renewable diesel, ethanol, and electricity for mobility.
Mr. Bledsoe guides clients to monetize the low-carbon attributes of their products or services under various carbon pricing and regulatory regimes, both in the compliance and voluntary carbon markets. He has deep experience with climate change law, including California’s catalytic statutes and regulations, such as the Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) and Cap-and-Trade Programs. Mr. Bledsoe also represents clients under federal laws driving or influencing the Energy Transition, including the National Environmental Policy Act, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Endangered Species Act.
Mr. Bledsoe also has experience in the permitting and development of projects across various economic sectors. He has obtained federal, state, and local approvals for such projects, crafting innovative solutions to environmental and resource problems. He also possesses extensive transactional experience, having represented buyers, sellers, and lenders in matters involving environmental liabilities related to real estate and business transactions, complicated mergers and acquisitions, and access to capital markets.
Mr. Bledsoe currently co-steers Latham’s working groups on CCUS, hydrogen, and low-carbon fuels and serves on the Advisory Council for Lawyers for a Sustainable Economy.
Mr. Bledsoe’s speaking engagements include the following:
- Latham E&I Webcast, "EPA’s Proposed Power Plant Rule," August 17, 2023
- S&P Global Hydrogen Markets America Conference, “Bringing Hydrogen to Market – Perspectives Across the Value Chain,” April 4, 2023
- North American Carbon World 2023 Conference, “Climate Action at the US Federal Level,” March 22, 2023
- North American Carbon World 2023 Conference, “Updates on North American LCFS Programs,” March 23, 2023
- Latham E&I Webcast, “CCUS Investment Opportunities: Market Growth, Environmental and Tax Credits, and Permitting Considerations,” May 5, 2021
- North American Carbon World 2021 Virtual Conference, “Current State of Play With Low Carbon Fuel Standard and Future Directions,” April 22, 2021
- North American Carbon World 2021 Virtual Conference, “The Winding Road to Net Zero: A Workshop on Legal Issues Critical to Decarbonization,” April 22, 2021
- Texas Journal of Oil, Gas & Energy Law, Financing Carbon Capture Projects with Tax Credits, February 25, 2021
- Navigating the American Carbon World Conference, New LCFS Programs on the Horizon, April 25, 2019
- Navigating the American Carbon World Conference, LCFS Market Update, April 5, 2018