Energy & Infrastructure Industry Group Named Legal Adviser of the Year – Americas by IJInvestor
Latham & Watkins’ Energy & Infrastructure Industry Group has been named “Legal Adviser of the Year - Americas” for the second consecutive year at the IJInvestor Awards 2022. The fourth annual awards celebrate the excellence of companies, deals, and individuals in funds and M&A activity in the energy and infrastructure markets across Europe and the Middle East, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
The firm’s work throughout the Americas was commended for combining “deep insight into the region’s legal, cultural, and commercial dynamics, with the worldwide view of the firm’s global platform” and for its ability to advise clients on their most significant matters across virtually “all sectors of the industry, including digital infrastructure, oil and gas, power, renewables, social infrastructure, telecoms, and transportation” as well as “in myriad countries, including the US, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Central America, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, and region-wide.”
The firm was recognized for the central role it had played over the course of the judging period, advising on more than 62 oil and gas-related matters; in excess of 49 conventional power matters; more than 33 renewable energy transactions; and more than 33 infrastructure-related matters. The approximate aggregate value of these more than 175 transactions is US$611 billion.
In addition, the firm advised on a number of transactions around the world that received individual recognitions:
Acquisitions of the Year:
• Conventional Power & Grid Infrastructure Acquisition of the Year – Latin America: Global Infrastructure Partners’ acquisition of Saavi Energía (Mexico)
• Digital Infrastructure Acquisition of the Year – Latin America: KKR and Telefónica Colombia / Chile Joint Venture (Colombia / Chile)
• Renewables and Energy Transition Acquisition of the Year – Asia Pacific: ReNew Power deSPAC Merger with RMG Acquisition Corporation II (India)
• Social Infrastructure Acquisition of the Year – Latin America: Dragoneer and General Atlantic Partners’ strategic investment into Arco (Brazil)
• Oil & Gas Acquisition of the Year – EMEA: Evos’ acquisition of oiltanking assets (Europe-wide)
Companies of the Year:
• Asset Performance – EMEA: UK Energy from Waste – Enfinium (United Kingdom)