The M&A Advisor recognizes four Latham partners under age 40 who have reached a significant level of success and made notable contributions to their industry and community.
Ian Bushner advises clients on complex business transactions with a focus on private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies.
He regularly structures, negotiates, and executes a full spectrum of complex domestic and cross-border deals across the capital structure throughout the stages of a company’s life cycle, including:
- Leveraged buyouts and other public and private M&A transactions
- Carve-outs and spin-offs
- Emerging company and growth equity investments
- Structured equity, convertible debt, alternative credit, and other investment transactions
- IPOs, PIPEs, and other capital markets transactions
- Recapitalizations, refinancing, and leveraged distributions
- Restructuring, liability management, special situations, and other distressed transactions
- JVs, commercial arrangements, alliances, and licensing transactions
Some of the largest, most sophisticated investors and dealmakers across the US, Europe, and Asia engage Mr. Bushner to efficiently execute deals, where he brings a laser-like focus to the core commercial issues and speaks the language of business. Leveraging his experience and the firm’s industry, geographic, and regulatory insights, he distills — in real time — complex legal, financial, and transactional landscapes into practical, actionable risk assessments for clients. His sponsor clients have included Apollo, Ascendant Capital, Bain Capital, Centerbridge, EQT, Hellman & Friedman, H.I.G. Capital, I Squared Capital, Madison Dearborn Partners, Nautic Partners, Oaktree, Owl Rock, Patient Square, Thoma Bravo, TPG, Veritas Capital Vantage Fund, Wafra, Inc., and their portfolio companies.
Mr. Bushner draws on extensive experience across a range of industries, including:
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Infrastructure, transportation, and climate
- Financial and business services
- Consumer and retail products
- Technology, media, and telecom
- Industrials and manufacturing
Mr. Bushner also maintains an active and award-winning pro bono practice, including providing sophisticated counsel to US and global non-profits on social entrepreneurship, complex business transactions, and development finance. He has also represented clients on civil rights and religious freedom matters, Special Immigrant Visa appeals for immigrants from Afghanistan, and appeals for denial of benefits from disabled US military veterans.