David Sherman advises a broad range of clients on the formation, management and operation of private equity funds.
Mr. Sherman advises private equity fund sponsors, including publicly traded global asset managers, prominent middle-market sponsors and first-time fund sponsors — with fund sizes of US$100 million to US$10 billion — on:
- Investment vehicle formation and management
- New business line launches
- Operational, legal and regulatory considerations at both the fund and sponsor level
- Wide-range of investment strategies, including buyout, aviation and other transportation strategies, special situations, credit, structured equity, growth equity, real estate and infrastructure
- In addition to commingled blind pool funds, various bespoke structures including funds of one, separately managed accounts and treaty structures
Mr. Sherman works creatively with sponsors raising capital for targeted individual investments or subsets of investments, including forming single-deal co-investment vehicles, overage funds, annex funds, warehouse vehicles and continuation funds.
Mr. Sherman also advises clients regarding internal economic and governance arrangements, seed investments, spin-outs, conflict transactions, and other corporate transactions that involve private investment funds.
Demonstrating his commitment to community involvement, Mr. Sherman serves as Director of the National Tay-Sachs & Allied Diseases Association’s New York Area Chapter, Inc.